We’ve all been to conferences where we’ve thrown away extraneous items or seen them strewn across a show floor. To minimize waste and create a better experience for you, we’ve organized RampUp 2019 to minimize our impact on local and global ecosystems.
Here are some ways we’re being more mindful of our environmental footprint at RampUp:
Traveler-friendly bags, and fewer of them
We have switched our conference bags to an easily packable and reusable folding tote to reduce the number of bags left behind. Additionally, we have reduced the total number of bags available to match the percentage that we have seen used in past years.
If you use your RampUp 2019 bag on a future grocery run or errand, be sure to take a picture and share with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook using #RampUp19. Doing so will enter you into our RampUp 2019 Bag and Tag Sweepstakes for which we’ll choose one winner to receive a free pass to RampUp 2020. See terms and conditions at the bottom of this post.
Cupanion water bottles
Each conference bag will have a Cupanion water bottle in it. Through the use of reusable bottles, we aim to reduce the number of single-use cups for water at the show. Even better, each time you fill your Cupanion at RampUp and beyond and use their Fill it Forward app, Cupanion donates a cup of water to communities that lack access to clean water.
No printed agendas or surveys
In an attempt to reduce the amount of paper at the show, we have made the agenda and surveys available only through the RampUp 2019 app. Download it in the App Store or get it on Google Play. Using our app is also the best way to ask our speakers questions and ensure you get more out of attending RampUp.
A move towards digital signage
Clear signage is key to any event. However, the amount of waste it creates can be significant. This year we are beginning a transition to digital signage, a trend we hope to expand in shows to come.
Partnering with local nonprofit organizations
You probably already know that the RampPups are back! This is the second year we have partnered with the San Francisco SPCA to bring adoptable pups onsite for cuddles. In addition to being an amazing attendee experience, RampPups also gives us the opportunity to—paws crossed—get these adorable pups forever homes.
Finally, if you’ve been to RampUp before, you know that our food and beverage is on point. This year, RampUp and the Fairmont are partnering with Chefs to End Hunger to deliver any excess food from meals served at the event to local nonprofits.
We hope you enjoy RampUp 2019 and use your bag and your Cupanion water bottle at the conference and beyond. If you’ve seen any environmentally friendly initiatives at other events that you’d like to share with us, feel free to let us know on our social channels—Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook—and follow us while you’re there.
Terms & Conditions:
RAMPUP 2019 BAG AND TAG SWEEPSTAKES
(U.S. FEBRUARY 27, 2019 – SEPTEMBER 3, 2019)
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
The RampUp 2019 Bag and Tag Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by LiveRamp, Inc., 225 Bush Street, Floor 17, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 27, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends September 3, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) according to the dates outlined below (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will conduct one  drawings (“Drawing”) of all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes. Entries for the Drawing must be received by September 3, 2019 12:00 p.m. PDT.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes:
You must have a Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn account. During the Sweepstakes Period, share an image of you using your RampUp 2019 conference bag on your Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, and use the hashtag #RampUp19. Only one entry per natural person during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name is on the social media account. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules.
- Odds. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes: One (1) complimentary pass to RampUp 2020.
- Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: One  Entrants will be selected at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Individual Sweepstakes Drawing Dates according to the chart below (“Selected Entrant”).
The Selected Entrant will be notified by a direct message on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn asking for the member’s RampUp 2019 registration email address. Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within one (1) days of attempted notification. Selected Entrant will receive the Prize electronically or by mail within approximately thirty (30) days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the completed, signed Release from the Selected Entrant (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the name and relevant information submitted at time of entry. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, any Entrant in the Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, likeness, biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
- General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope (stating the specific Sweepstakes you are requesting the winners for) to RampUp 2019 Bag and Tag Sweepstakes, c/o LiveRamp, Inc. 225 Bush Street, Floor 17, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received within 90 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.
© LiveRamp, Inc. All rights reserved.