RampUp is back! With over 120 speakers in over 90 sessions and 3 parties over 3 days, it can be quite the marathon. To help you make it through, we’ve pulled together a guide to make sure newbies and veterans alike can not only survive but thrive.
- Don’t stress about getting there!
We’re so excited to have you this year! The event takes place at the Fairmont Hotel (and the Masonic, just down the street) in Nob Hill, San Francisco. Feel free to walk up—if you’re looking for some extra steps—but I should warn those unused to San Francisco’s terrain: it’s practically a mountain.
Thankfully, there are other ways to summit. If you’re taking public transit, get off at the Powell St. BART station, and then either walk up Nob Hill, ride a trolley (PH or PM), or take Uber or Lyft. These are also great ways to make it from SFO, as all trains leaving towards San Francisco will take you to the Powell St. station, and both Uber and Lyft are relatively inexpensive in the Bay Area.
The Fairmont has also provided a handy guide here.
- Always make it to your session—on time
The Fairmont Hotel takes up a full city block, and finding your way might require some navigation. We’re here to help with a full map of the Fairmont Hotel in our RampUp 2018 app, but you can also use Google Maps in a pinch. Seriously—they’ve mapped out the interior, just zoom in.
To keep our event clean and green, we also won’t have paper agendas—you’ll find it in our app. Download it now, so you’ll always know where you need to go and when you need to be there.
How do download the app:
- Click the link above, or search CrowdCompass AttendeeHub in your app store. Once you’ve found the app, tap either Download or Install.
- Once you’re in the app, search the AttendeeHub for RampUp—once you find the event, click download .
- You must create a login to access the content—this is because we have customized views based on the type of registrant, including agenda schedules and notifications.
- A verification code will be sent to your email; enter that into the app.
- Find your way to every session and do more in the app. Happy RampUp!
- Give your feet a rest!
For the first time, we’ll be live streaming every session in one convenient place: the Partner Pavilion in the Grand Ballroom. All you need is your phone, the Hearing Hotspot app (Get it for iPhone | Get it for Android and Pixel) and a pair of headphones.
Mix it up—while you’re at it, munch on the all-day refreshments that will be available in the Partner Pavilion for your enjoyment.
Left your headphones in the cab? LiveRamp’s got you covered at our booth. Stop by and say hello, and grab a pair of earbuds from one of our reps in the teal RampUp baseball tees. They’re friendly—I promise! (Full disclosure: I used to be one of them.)
- Don’t be left at 1%
Whether you’re spending all day in sessions or streaming them, networking, or just Tweeting about everything, it’s easy to find yourself with a dead phone. Pros will come prepared with a rechargeable, pocket-sized battery of their own so they can juice up on the go.
But if you lack Boy Scout-level preparedness, you’ll be able to check out a portable charger to revive your phone in our Partner Pavilion in the Grand Ballroom.
Head on over to the Mobile Charging Station table, sponsored by Cuebiq, and they’ll take care of you. After you check out a charger, you’ll be able to walk over the streaming screen to view all of the sessions—and, did we mention the all-day refreshments? (coffee and snacks and water—oh my!)
- Dress for (Bay Area) success
Don’t let California’s reputation as a state of sunshine and beaches fool you—it’s still early March, and Karl the Fog will be making his annual return for the summer. It’s always a good idea to bring an extra layer to keep yourself warm as you move inside (with air conditioning) and outside (with a non-zero chance for rain), and for when you head to the receptions in the evenings.
That said, take advantage of the Bay Area’s laid back approach to business casual. Jeans and a hoodie are standard, or dress it up with a cardigan.
- Make a friend or two
What keeps our attendees coming back year after year (besides the amazing content and a love of people-based marketing)? You do! The constant refrain we hear from our super-attendees is how RampUp brings together so many people from the marketing, tech, and data ecosystems.
Soak up everything you can from any of our amazing sessions, but don’t forget to talk to other attendees who might have more to teach than we do. We have three networking events to help facilitate:
- Welcome Reception: Join us in the Crown Room of the Fairmont Hotel on Sunday, March 4, 6–9pm, for a night of mingling, food, drinks, and the Oscars! You will need your attendee badge to enter, so be sure to stop by registration in the Garden Room right off the lobby.
- Opening Reception: This year we’ll be celebrating the first evening of RampUp 2018 at the Exploratorium. Shuttles will be available to take you from the Masonic to the Exploratorium and back starting immediately after Monday’s closing remarks (5pm) until 9pm.
- Closing Reception: Our closing reception will begin following the closing keynote… in the same building. Drinks and dinner will be served in the Masonic until 9pm.
And if you need help? Talk to one of our volunteers in the teal and white RampUp baseball tees. Every one of them is a LiveRamp employee who’s taking the day to help you get what you need.
Still need a ticket? Does your mom still need a ticket? You’re both in luck! Click here to register.